Monday, July 1, 2013

The "Camera" of game development.

This is a concept that I've been fighting with for a little while. I envision in my lifetime a tool where everything for a game can be generated in one place. Right now that all-in-one tool is called a "Computer". With any combination of software you have many options for creating fantastic interactive software. Will there be a tool in the future that encompasses everything in a game from project management to asset creation ? Is there even a need for such a thing considering the numerous options out there for developers already? The closest thing I can imagine is IdTech 5. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who's gotten a hold of that so I can't speak for its use. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id_Tech_5#Features What do you think internet?